Microsoft Corp., the world’s largest professional networking site, has bought Linkedin. Microsoft said the deal to $ 2,620 million (about Rs 1.76 lakh crore) is in.The company is by far the biggest deal being considered. These two companies together the world’s largest online network of professionals will make. Rs 1 lakh crore debt for the deal, Microsoft will also. Why pay big deal and how
– Linkedin spoke’s person said in a statement on Monday the deal between the two companies, Microsoft 49.5 percent premium to the closing price on Friday of $ 196 per share in an all-cash transaction to the LinkedIn will pay.
– Deal of the process can be completed this year.
– LinkedIn and Microsoft, the deal has been approved by the boards of both.
– Following the announcement of the deal on Monday, where 48% of LinkedIn’s stock surged. While Microsoft’s fell 2%.
The three most important deal terms
– After the merger of the LinkedIn brand, culture and just like Independence sustainable.
– Jeff Weiner, CEO, will remain in office, but only to Nadella will report to Microsoft.
– Whole deal will be in cash. Ie LinkedIn, Microsoft shareholders will cash.
How did the deal?
– It’s leadership as CEO Nadella is the biggest deal in.
– Microsoft, Morgan Stanley as financial advisor has been appointed.
– The Linkedin as the financial advisor and Allen & Company LLC Kit list Partners has appointed.
– The public listing in 2011 before Microsoft Linkedin spoke several times to buy.
Fact file of Linkedin
Market Cap: Rs 1.66 lakh crore. Revenue: 20 075 Rs. Losses: Rs 1,100 crore. User:43.3 million, 3 million Indians
LinkedIn Reid Hoffman’s house 14 years ago to begin planning the meeting and formally began in 2003.
9700 employees LinkedIn. Headquarters is in California. It has offices in 30 cities of the world. 650 employees in India. There are more than 45 billion page views every quarter.
LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional networking platform. There are 43.3 million users in 200 countries. It will come to Microsoft. Subscription revenue earned from the ads will also grow.
User: 1.2 billion profit: 81 910 Rs. Revenue: 6.28 lakh crore.
By far the biggest acquisition
181 billion (Rs 12.15 lakh crore.)
Vodafone bought in 1999 by the German Mannesmann Kae.
164 billion (Rs 11 lakh crore.)
AOL bought Time Warner in 2000.
130 billion (Rs 8.72 lakh crore.)
Verizon wireless business in 2013 and bought by Vodafone.
NOTE: Microsoft, LinkedIn is not even in the top 15 deals.
Microsoft Chief Acquisition
Mojang: $ 2.5 billion in 2014. Nokia: 2013, $ 9.4 billion yamme: $ 1.2 billion in 2012.Skype: $ 8.5 billion in 2011 Navajo: $ 1.45 billion in 2002.